Sailing Courses – 7-17 Years
Course Times: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Age Groups: 7-10 Years | 11-14 Years | 15-17 Years
Watching youngsters grow in confidence as they master the art of sailing is one of the great rewards for us. Our courses will entertain, challenge and stimulate your children as they learn how to master a sailing dinghy afloat – and have fun along the way.
Students are assigned to groups according to their age, as years of experience has taught us that the children get the most out of the course when training with their peers. Students are grouped according to their ages. Within these groups the students are then sub divided according to their experience.
We provide all essential gear for the course, boats and buoyancy aids, while wetsuits can be borrowed for the week. Our instructors are very experienced, we have a modern clubhouse facility with changing rooms and are fully insured. We have an excellent safety record and pride ourselves on our superb reputation.
2024 Course Dates
Here’s the schedule of our 2024 Children’s Sailing. Courses run Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm each day. We’re open for drop off from 8.30am each day of the course.
Easter Courses – Book here
- Easter Course 1: Monday 25th to Thursday 28th March
- Easter Course 2: Tuesday 2nd to Friday 5th April
The course fees are €215 per person.
- Summer Course 1: Tuesday 4th to Friday 7th June
- Summer Course 2: Monday 10th to Friday 14th June
- Summer Course 3: Monday 17th to Friday 21st June
- Summer Course 4: Monday 24th to Friday 28th June
- Summer Course 5: Monday 1st to Friday 5th July
- Summer Course 6: Monday 8th to Friday 12th July
- Summer Course 7: Monday 15th to Friday 19th July
- Summer Course 8: Monday 22nd to Friday 26th July
- Summer Course 9: Monday 29th July to Friday 2nd August
- Summer Course 10: Tuesday 6th to Friday 9th August
- Summer Course 11: Monday 12th to Friday 16th August
- Summer Course 12: Monday 19th to Friday 23rd August
- Summer Course 13: Monday 26th to Friday 30th August
Course fees are as follows: 5-day course – €285 per person, 4-day course (week of bank holidays) – €230 per person.
- Halloween Course: Tuesday 29th October to Friday 1st November
The course fees are €199 per person.
What to Bring
- Old Trainers / Wetsuit Booties / Crocs (flip flops are not suitable for the activity)
- Raincoat/waterproof jacket to wear over wetsuit
- Change of Clothes
- Hat and Sun cream
- Swimming Togs (to be worn under wetsuit) and Towel
- Wetsuit – can be rented from us (see below)
- T-Shirt and Sweatshirt, warm jumper for lunchtimes
- Packed Lunch and water. We are a nut free sailing school, nut products must not be brought in.
- Plastic bag for the wet wetsuit if your child is planning to change
- Logbook (Optional) – Logbooks – A Guide for Parents
Wetsuits are available to rent for the course for €20 per week.
Collection occurs after registration on the first morning of the course and drop back at the end of the course.
For children aged 7-10 years who need help from parents to get into/out of wetsuits we will allow collection of wetsuits throughout the week preceding the course. Please email us if this is required for your child.
Got your own wetsuit?
If a child is bringing their own wetsuit, please note wetsuits must be long sleeved and long legged. Shortie wetsuits are not suitable for the Irish weather!
Really lovely staff, super friendly. Would highly recommend the kayak and paddle board rentals! Great with a small group or big group.
June 25, 2020
My 12 year old goes to Saturday sailing club after doing summer camp. He’s hooked and absolutely loves it! The instructors are great and very good with the kids -... read more
October 8, 2022