Coastal Navigation for Small Boats
The Coastal Navigation for Small Boats course is a short theory course that is ideal for powerboaters. The course is certified by Irish Sailing (national governing body for sailing and powerboating in Ireland) and will teach you all the fundamental navigational skills needed to safely operate a powerboat on longer trips away from base.
What you’ll be able to do
- Interpret Weather forecasts, source information and plan accordingly
- Chartwork; identify distances, plot positions, determine course to steer and more
- Understand how to utilise electronic aids to navigation; GPS, Electronic Chart Plotter and more
- Calculate tidal heights
- Identify Buoyage at both day and night
- Prepare detailed passage plans, using charts, interpreting the effect of tide and weather
- Understand and comply with IRPCS
The courses run over two evenings a week for two weeks. 6.30pm – 9.30pm
The course fees are €169, including all course materials.
Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
I have just done the RYA Competent Crew course here, five-days aboard the 36-foot Beaufort Venture under the guidance of instructor Gary Curran. The whole week surpassed my expectations, and... read more
June 1, 2017
Very friendly staff and great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend for a day out or lessons. Paddle board and kayak rentals are lots of fun.
June 24, 2020