Dinghy Level 2 : Basic Skills
Course Title: Dinghy Level 2: Basic Skills
Boat: RS Quest
Certification: RYA Dinghy Level 2
Course Duration: 2 days
Course Times: 9.30am-5.30pm
Build on the Level 1 skills, while gaining confidence afloat. The RYA Dinghy Level 2 Course will take your basic skills and teach you the next level of boat control.
Course Dates 2024
- Course 1: Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th May
- Course 2: Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th May
- Course 3: Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th June
- Course 4: Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June
- Course 5: Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th July
- Course 6: Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th July
- Course 7: Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th July
- Course 8: Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th August
- Course 9: Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th August
- Course 10: Saturday 31st August and Sunday 1st September
- Course 11: Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th September
- Course 12: Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September
- Course 13: Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October
Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
In addition to fine honing the skills you will have acquired on the level 1, the level 2 course introduces the following manoeuvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction to Racing!
Successful participants will receive the RYA Level 2 Dinghy Certificate.
Courses run on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am-5.30pm each day. The course begins in the RS Zest, as the course progresses you’ll be introduced to the more powerful RS Neo, and RS Quest double handed boats.
We did once off rock pooling and kayaking and it was great fun. The kids had great fun and they allowed me to go ith them too. In the end... read more
April 1, 2018
I have just done the RYA Competent Crew course here, five-days aboard the 36-foot Beaufort Venture under the guidance of instructor Gary Curran. The whole week surpassed my expectations, and... read more
July 1, 2017