Keelboat | Level 2 Sailing
Course Title: Keelboat | Level 2 Sailing
Certification: RYA Keelboat Level 2
Course Times: 9:30am-5pm each day, runs over two days
This level 2 course is the next step after getting to grips with the basics at Level 1. This highly informative and practical course is conducted on our fleet of J80 Keelboats. Our trainee to instructor ratio of 4:1 ensures plenty of time to focus on the skills of individual participants. This course develops your confidence and competence afloat as you make your way up the sailing ladder.
Level 2 concentrates on consolidating the skills covered on the level 1 programme, in addition to introducing the following manoeuvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring in a variety of wind and tidal conditions.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
Successful participants will receive the RYA Keelboat Level 2 certificate.
Course Dates 2024…
- Course 1: Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th March
- Course 2: Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st April
- Course 3: Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th May
- Course 4: Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th May
- Course 5: Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June
- Course 6: Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th July
- Course 7: Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th July
- Course 8: Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th August
- Course 9: Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September
- Course 10: Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September
- Course 11: Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th October
- Course 12: Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th November
- Course 13: Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th November
Book Online Now or call our team on 01 2844195.
Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Once you have completed the Keelboat Level 2 course, you can continue your sailing with the Irish National Sailing Club. View more information here.
Very friendly staff and great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend for a day out or lessons. Paddle board and kayak rentals are lots of fun.
June 1, 2020
Came here with my mom for a stand up paddle board rental, the staff went above and beyond to be super friendly and the experience was great and good value!
July 1, 2020
My 12 year old goes to Saturday sailing club after doing summer camp. He’s hooked and absolutely loves it! The instructors are great and very good with the kids -... read more
October 8, 2022