RYA Powerboat Courses
Course Title: RYA Powerboat Certificate (Level 2)
Accreditation: Royal Yachting Association
RYA Level 2 Powerboat Handling
This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets of powerboats in the country. This includes everything from small tiller arm 15hp right up to RIBs with 150hp on the back. Successful students receive the RYA Powerboat Handling (Level 2) Certificate.
Pre – Requisites
Minimum age of attendance is 16 years. This course can include all the material from the Level 1 course so you don’t need to have completed it in advance so long as you have some previous boating experience.
The course runs over two days from 9.30am-5.30pm and covers:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
The above is just a taste of the many areas covered on the course. We aim to provide you with the perfect foundation and template in the sport of Powerboating. The course is conducted in a number of different boat types which may include tiller arm Yak boats with 15 horse power engines and RIBs (Rigid inflatable boats) of up to 150 horse power.
Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
- Courses run over two days from 9.30am-5.30pm each day, unless stated otherwise.
- Two passport style photographs are required to issue the certificate.
RYA Level 2 Powerboat Handling Courses
Saturday 6th August - Sunday 7th August
Saturday 3rd September - Sunday 4th September
Saturday 1st October - Sunday 2nd October
We did once off rock pooling and kayaking and it was great fun. The kids had great fun and they allowed me to go ith them too. In the end... read more
April 1, 2018
Came here with my mom for a stand up paddle board rental, the staff went above and beyond to be super friendly and the experience was great and good value!
July 28, 2020